Terms And Conditions
The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (referred to below as the "Distance Selling Regulations") and the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 ("E-Commerce Regulations") provide you with certain rights and oblige us to give you the following information about ordering goods through our website:
- Seller's name: Sue Ryder Direct Ltd.
- Seller's postal address: New Goods Office, Sheaf Close, Lodge Farm Industrial Estate, Northampton, Northamptonshire NN5 7UL
- Seller's email address: email@example.com
- Sellerís telephone number: 0800 9178123
- Seller's VAT registration number: 927507902
- Sellerís company registration number: 889643 (England and Wales)
- Sellerís registered office: First Floor, Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 2ED
- Description of goods: Our website contains descriptions of all of the goods that are offered for sale on the website.
- Prices: The prices of the goods (inclusive of VAT, but excluding delivery charges) are listed on our website. Our prices may change from time to time. You will be charged the price listed at the time you place your order. In the rare event that we list an incorrect price on our website through a typographical or other error, we will contact you before processing your order for authorisation to charge you the correct price.
- Delivery Costs: Please see Delivery Time and Costs, below.
- Payment: Please see How Can I Pay? below.
- Ordering: Prompts will appear on the screen at each stage of the ordering process and you may be asked to click on various boxes at check-out to place your order. You may make changes to your order at any stage before it is placed. These procedures guarantee protection of your rights given in E-Commerce Regulations
- Confirmation: You will see a confirmation page after you have placed your order. You may wish to print this page for your records. We will retain a copy of this confirmation. In addition, if you give us an e-mail address during check-out, we will send an order confirmation message to that address.
- Cancellation: The Distance Selling Regulations give you the right to cancel your purchase within seven (7) working days of receipt of the goods, subject to certain conditions and exceptions. Please note, however, that our returns policy provides a longer return period for most items. If you decide to cancel your purchase, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us.
- Languages: At present our facilities for accepting orders in languages other than English are limited. Confirmation of your order will be in English.
- Donations: your donation goes to Sue Ryder, a charity registered in England and Wales (1052076) and in Scotland (SC039578). Sue Ryder Direct Ltd makes no handling charge for this donation.
- Jurisdiction: this agreement is governed by English law and sole jurisdiction of any disputes arising from our agreement with you lies with the courts of England and Wales
We aim to dispatch all orders within five (5) working days. If we cannot despatch within this time we will let you know right away, by email, the date the goods can be delivered. Customers are given the option of accepting a full refund in place of delivery.
If an item is temporarily out of stock, the date when we expect to receive more stock will be displayed alongside the item before you order. Any item that is no longer available will have been removed from display on our website.
Please note that whilst VAT is included in the prices. The prices shown are excluding postage and packing. Our postal rates are as follows:
- Orders up to £30 = £2.99
- Orders between £30.01 - £50 = £4.99
- Orders over £50 = FREE
We regret that we are unable to deliver to destinations outside the United Kingdom (and Channel Islands) or PO Box addresses.
You can review your packaging and delivery charges as you shop by checking your on-line shopping basket. We will present your total charges as you check out, before you complete your order.
If you wish to have your complete order delivered to a neighbour or relative who will take delivery for you, please enter their name and address in the "Deliver to" section of the order form. Please seek their permission before giving us their name and address. Delivery will be deemed to have taken place when your order is delivered to this alternative address.
An alternative delivery address can only be specified on subsequent orders after your initial online order has been placed.
Guarantee & returns policy
Should your order disappoint you in any way, simply return the item within thirty (30) days and we will either replace the item or refund you fully and immediately upon receipt of the goods in satisfactory condition. Please follow the printed instructions with your parcel for the return procedure. Our 30-day return policy is limited in the case of items requiring self-assembly which you have opened and/or assembled. If more than seven (7) business days have passed since satisfactory delivery of an item requiring self-assembly, that item may only be returned for refund or replacement if the item is faulty. Our guarantee and returns policy do not affect your statutory rights. Please note that the colour of images may be affected by the availability of images or the technology used to access this site. We will use reasonable commercial efforts to load faithful reproductions of the product offered, and please refer to the description of the product alongside the image to confirm colour and dimensions. Sizes are usually given as height, width and depth, in that order. Some of our products are made from natural materials, where some normal colour variations may also occur. Goods are offered for sale on this site subject to availability.
How can I pay?
We currently accept orders paid by Visa, Mastercard, Delta or Switch. We will not charge your card until our warehouse confirms it has despatched your order. If you wish to pay by cheque, we can only accept your order by mail. All prices shown are in £ (GBP) sterling, and include VAT, but not delivery costs. We regret that at this time we can only accept orders paid in £ (GBP) sterling.
How long are prices valid for?
Current prices will be maintained until 31/12/12, at which point they may be revised. We reserve the right to alter prices in the event of a change in VAT rate. Prices shown are an invitation to treat.
Order Reference number
Once you place your order through this website you will have received an order acknowledgement by return e-mail. On this acknowledgement is your order reference which you can use when later referring to your order.
How secure is the site?
When you place your order you are automatically connected to our secure servers using SSL 128-bit encryption. A closed padlock will show in your browser status bar. This means that your personal and payment card details are fully encrypted, and remain secure across the Internet and after they reach our order processing centre.